Aptenia, Heartleaf Ice Plant
( 803 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Ice plant.
Bloom time: Spring and summer.
Height: 250 mm.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Bright sunlight, but benefits from afternoon shade when planted in hot, dry climates.
Soil: Dry, well-drained soil.
Water: Water the plant deeply when the soil is completely dry, then allow the soil to dry before watering again. Should be kept on dry side as the plant rots in soggy soil.
Temprature: Night temperatures of 50 degrees.
Fertilizer: Use a regular liquid or granular fertilizer two to three times during the growing season.
- Red apple ground covers remain smaller and manageable in dryer soils, but grow aggressively and can quickly become invasive when grown in moist soil conditions.
- Space multiple plants 18 to 36 inches apart.
- This allows for ample airflow and reduces the risk of fungal diseases such as root rot.
- Aptenia cordifolia is used medicinally as an anti-inflammatory, as a dressing (poultice) and deodorant.
- The plant is also used as a love and good luck charm.
- Aptenia cordifolia is often planted in pots or as a ground cover.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.