Phyllostachys Sulphurea - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Sulphur bamboo
Bloom time: na
Height: Height maximum upto 55 ft.
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
Most bamboos are happiest in well-drained, highly organic soils. They need frequent, liberal watering, especially when getting established. Use mulch to help retain moisture. Gardeners need to exercise patience when taking on the bamboo challenge, because it takes several years (often 5 to 10) for bamboo to grow into the dense grove desired.
Sunlight: Requires full sun. If grown in broken light or partial sun, the number of shoots per year will not be as high as if it were in full sun.
Soil: Most bamboos are happiest in well-drained, highly organic soils.
Water: They need frequent,liberal watering, especially when getting established.
Temprature: A minimum of 20 degree Celcius.
Fertilizer: New bamboos can be fertilized with a balanced lawn or, especially, palm fertilizer. After the first year, high nitrogen formulas can be used. Iron supplements are beneficial.
- You can thin the clump each year.
- Avoid removing the newest culms unless they are growing awkwardly or into an unwelcome area.
- The interesting thing about trimming bamboos is that it is done only once a year; at the very most a second trimming will be done a few days later, because the last shoots have still grown, but is generally sufficient.
- Apart from modifying the stature of the plant, trimming also makes the foliage denser.
- Weeding is only necessary during the first two years; afterwards, the plant is sufficiently developed to prevent grass from growing.
- Fallen leaves must be left on the ground as they keep it damp, and their decomposition enriches the soil.
- This also prevents the growth of grass.
- In order to control their spreading, the new shoots must be cut back as soon as they appear in unsuitable areas.
- Bamboos are so distinctively elegant that they rarely compete with other plants.
- Their delicate-looking leaves and culms make a pleasing contrast to most types of plants including shrubs, trees, grasses, flowering perennials and annuals.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.