Powder Puff Plant, Calliandra - Plant
Common name: Calliandra haematocephala
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Calliandras grow and flower best if they are grown in full sun, but they tolerate some partial shade, especially in hot summer regions. They should be planted in reasonably fertile, moist but well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.5.Powder Puff plants should be watered regularly and thoroughly to maintain evenly moist soil, especially during the summer growing season.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Powder Puff plants can also be propagated with stem tip cuttings taken during the spring months.
- Dust each cut with a rooting hormone and strike into a peat moss/perlite mix at 75° until the cuttings are well rooted.
Container plant. Houseplant.
- No reported folkloric medicinal use in the Philippines.
- In Nigeria, roots used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- (7) Elsewhere, decoction of the flowers used as blood purifier and tonic.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.