Pongamia Pinnata, Karanj - Plant
( 64 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Karanja
Color: purple, pink, and white
Height: 8 meters
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Can grow on most soil types ranging from stony to sandy to clay.
Water: Draught taulerant
Temprature: Maximum temperature ranges from 27 to 38oC and the minimum 1 to16oC.
- A thick yellow-orange to brown oil is extracted from seeds.
- Yields of 25% of volume are possible using a mechanical expeller.
- However, for village crushers average yield is 20%.
- The oil has a bitter taste and a disagreeable aroma, thus it is not considered edible.
- In India, the oil is used as a fuel for cooking and lamps.
- The oil is also used as a lubricant, water-paint binder, pesticide, and in soap making and tanning industries.
- Ornamental shade tree.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.