Parkia biglandulosa (Badminton Ball Tree) - Plant
( 9 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Parkia biglandulosa
Bloom time: January - March
Height: 0.5 to 3ft
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
African locust tree is a tall handsome tree, native of W. Africa. Large trees are frequently found in old Mahomedan gardens about the city of Hyderabad, Golconda and elsewhere. The farinaceous pulp which surrounds the seeds is edible and so also are the seeds themselves, which taste like garlic. For most part of the year, this tree is very easily confused with Delonix or Jacaranda species.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 22 oC to 38 oC
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Leaves bipinnate with very numerous leaflets; rachis of leaf downy, 1 ft.
- of more long; pinnae 20-30 pair, 60 to 100 pairs leaflets, rigid, 1/4 in.
- Presence of two glands at the base of leaf, lends this species the name, biglandulosa.
- It is an avenue tree in Chennai.
this tree is very easily confused with Delonix or Jacaranda species.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.