hardwickia elliptica - Plant
( 9 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Hardwickia binata Family: Caesalpiniaceae (Gulmohar family)
Color: Flowers small, pale yellowish-green
Bloom time: Jul.-Sep.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Buffelgrass is a shrubby grass up to 1.5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. It looks like a bunchgrass when small. Older plants branch profusely and densely at nodes, giving mature plants a messy appearance.
Sunlight: Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10C to 30C
Fertilizer: the groundnut pod yields under pollarded hardwickia were atpar to that of solecropped ... Application of commercial fertilizers in large quantities is not only.
- Hardwickia binata, a native of India, is a handsome deciduous tree, growing up to 30 m in height and 3 m in girth, with a clean cylindrical bole 15 m in height.
- The tree is found in the dry savannah forests of the Deccan peninsula, Central India and parts of U.
- and Bihar.
- The bark is rough, dark gray in color with irregular vertical cracks, and exfoliates in narrow flakes.
The small leaves are alternate, kidney-shaped, pinnate, grayish-green in color, and measure about 2-6 cm in length, and 2-3 cm in width.
- Flowers are borne in lax panicles, in ample axillary and terminal panicles; calyx lobes 5, petaloid; petal absent; stamens 10; ovary sessile; ovules 2; stigma peltate.
- Hardwickia binata flowers are small in size, pale yellowish-green in color, and placed in loose, terminal and axillary panicled racemes.
These nodal branches produce new leaves and flower spikes very quickly after light rains, making buffelgrass an extremely prolific seed producer. Inflorescences are 1.5-5 inches long, fat brown to purplish when fresh or occasionally straw-colored. The spikes are crowded with dense bristly fruit which are actually burs without hardened spines.
- Hardwickia is a medium or large deciduous ornamental tree
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.