Dead Rat Tree - Plant
Common name: Dead-rat tree, African baobab.
Height: 25 m
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Stoney, well drained soils.
Water: Keep the soil moist.
Temprature: Minimum 10-13 degree C.
- The baobab s bark, leaves, fruit, and trunk are all used.
- The bark of the baobab is used for cloth and rope, the leaves for condiments and medicines.
- The fruit, called "monkey bread", is eaten.
- Sometimes people live inside of the huge trunks.
- Baobabs are strikingly beautiful as dominant, attention grabbing specimens.
- Not for the small garden!
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.