Cassia Siamea - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: golden shower tree
Bloom time: April to September
Height: 30.00 to 50.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Popcorn Cassia likes a position of full sun / partial sun and remember to water often. Use Zone 9 - Zone 11 as your guideline for the appropriate climate for this plant. Popcorn Cassia needs a potting mix soil with a ph of 6.6 to 7.5 (weakly acidic soil - weakly alkaline soil). Popcorn Cassia is generally regarded as a tender plant, so remember to ensure that temperatures are mild before moving outdoors.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Seeds will germinate more readily if soaked in water for 24 hours or scarified mechanically or in boiling water.
- Sow shallowly in February or march.
Ornamental. Shade tree. Formerly planted in some populated areas as a street tree, but this use has waned as planners have shifted to using Cassia x nealiae for this purpose because this hybrid does not drop as many leaves at flowering time and does not produce any seed pods.
- This plant has medicinal value and it contains a compound named Barakol.
- The leaves, tender pods and seeds are edible,
- The leaves of Cassia Siamea have been used in Thai and Burmese cooking for generations.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.