Sweetfern - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Comptonia peregrina
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 2.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This low growing shrub does best in sandy soils, from well-drained dry sites to the edges of marshes. Sweet Fern (Comptonia peregrina) grows in Full sun to light shade, producing fern-like leaves that have a pleasant fragrance when crushed, hence the name. Often forms large colonies, so give this plant some room. Sweet Fern is a larval host plant for the Grey Hairstreak Butterfly.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade.
- Adaptable plant that tolerates wet conditions and wind (including sheltered seashore areas), drought and a wide range of soils (prefers sandy, acidic loams, but tolerates poor soils).
- Does not transplant well.
- Once established, however, it can spread rapidly to form colonies.
A good shrub for areas with poor soils, such as along alleys, waste areas or roads. An interesting and vigorous plant for native plant gardens or naturalized areas where it can be left alone to colonize.
- Sweetfern has medicinal properties and has been known to assist every organ in the elimination of toxins
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.prairienursery.com/store/native-plants/sweet-fern-comptonia-peregrina#.V-uNycnhXIU http://www.gardenguides.com/69817-grow-sweet-fern.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=c240
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.