St. John's Wort - Plant
Common name: Hypericum calycinum
Color: Bright yellow
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 1.00 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Growing St. John’s wort herb in a location with too much sun can lead to leaf scorch, while too much shade reduces the number of flowers. The best location is one with bright morning sunlight and a little shade in the hottest part of the afternoon.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: hot 2°c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- John’s wort makes an attractive ground cover and soil stabilizer.
- Once established, the plants need no care, and this makes them ideal for out-of-the-way locations.
- You can also use it as an edging or to mark boundaries and pathways where you don’t want to obstruct the view.
- Other uses include containers, rock gardens and foundation plantings.
Ground cover, rock gardens, border fronts, naturalized plantings. Also good for stabilizing embankments or hillsides. Good for planting under trees where it competes well with shallow tree roots. Allan Armitage calls this "one of the finest ground covers available."
- John s Wort Uses: Relieve Depression, PMS & Menopause Symptoms.
- John s wort, also known as hypericum perforatum, is a flowering plant of the genus Hypericum and has been used as a medicinal herb for its antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties for over 2,000 years.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a520 https://www.google.co.in/search?q=St.+John%27s+Wort&oq=St.+John%27s+Wort&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 https://www.google.co.in/search?q=St.+John%27s+Wort&oq=St.+John%27s+Wort&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=St.+John%27s+Wort+medical+use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.