Shampoo Ginger - Plant
( 6 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Gingers are classed as a herbaceous perennial and have enjoyed popularity as an ornamental plant in Asia and the Far East for centuries. Only recently have they become known as outstanding ornamentals in the U.S.
Common name: Shampoo Ginger, Pinecone Ginger, Pinecone Lily
Color: Red, Coral, Apricot
Bloom time: Mid Summer-Mid Fall
Height: 6 to 8 feet
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
Place the rhizomes in a bowl of warm water. Soak them overnight before planting. Mix equal parts potting soil and compost in a 5-gallon bucket. Add water and mix until the soil is completely moistened. Pour the soil into a large flower pot.
Bury two or three rhizomes with the buds facing up. Cover them with one-half inch of soil. Keep the soil moist, but not water-logged, until the rhizomes sprout.
Sunlight: Full Sun,Partial Sun/Shade
Soil: Soil pH level 6.1-6.5
Fertilizer: Apply a controlled-release 8-4-6 fertilizer formulated for ginger every three months, after watering.
- Protect ginger plants from frost.
- When temperatures fall below 55 F, take potted plants indoors.
- Protect garden plants by surrounding them with tall stakes and covering them completely with plastic, making a tent.
- In winter, protect rhizomes planted outdoors with a thick layer of mulch and cover with plastic to prevent the rhizomes from sitting in water-logged soil and rotting.
- After the flowering heads turn red, they can be squeezed to release a gingery-fragrant, sudsy fluid.
- Natural shampoo that smells great, too!
- Gingers as a group add outstanding exotic foliage and exotic flowers to the landscape.
- Gingers are finding favor as interior landscape plants and most do very well in containers.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.