Senecio aureus - Plant
Common name: golden ragwort
Bloom time: April
Height: 0.50 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Golden ragwort is part of the Senecio genus and its scientific name is Packera aurea. The aurea part of this plant s botanical name means golden .Golden ragwort grows as a perennial and is a flower. Being a perennial plant, it tends to grow best over several years (approx 3 years and greater).
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: Temp, -25°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- In winter, most succulents will only need water every month or so.
- They are basically dormant.
- If your house is particularly dry, you may need to water more often.
- The leaves will pucker slightly and begin to look desiccated, if they need water.
- But just as in the summer, don t leave the plants sitting is soggy soil.
Semi-evergreen ground cover for moist, shady areas. Large naturalized plantings in woodland gardens can be spectacular in bloom. Also effective in bog gardens, along streams or ponds, wild gardens, cottage gardens, native plant gardens or borders.
- Senecio aureus treatment for Respiratory ailments: Acute inflammatory conditions of upper respiratory tract.
- Cough loose, with labored inspiration.
- Chest sore and raw.
- Dyspnoea on ascending (Calc).
- Dry teasing cough, stitching chest pains.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use,
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.