Sassafras variifolium - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Sassafras albidum
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 30.00 to 60.00 feet
Difficulty level: dificult
Planting & Care
Sassafras is native to the eastern United States. For current distribution, please consult the Plant Profile page for this species his plant is a pioneer tree on disturbed sites in its native range. It is adapted to various soils with low pH. It can be found in woodlands, fields and along roadsides.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 13° C (55° F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sassafras trees are valued for their fragrant spring bloom, interesting horizontal branching pattern, and striking fall color.
- The small trees are medium to fast growing and work well for landscape use as specimen trees and mass plantings.
- They are easy to culture and require little care
Although adapted to dry, sandy soils, they do best in moist, fertile soils in partial to full shade.
- Seeds, root-cuttings or suckers may propagate sassafras trees.
- Seeds are produced every one or two years after the plant reaches the minimum seed-bearing age of ten years.
- Seeds may be gathered when the fruits turn a dark blue
Excellent for naturalized plantings or screens where they are given lots of space to colonize. Also can be grown as lawn specimens.
- The medicinal uses of sassafras by Native Americans were many.
- Infusions made from the bark of the roots were taken internally as a preventive to ward off fever, as well as a remedy to treat diarrhea, rheumatism, measles, and scarlet fever.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.