Sanguanaria canadensis - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: bloodroot
Bloom time: March to April
Height: 0.50 to 0.75 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Propagate by seed, division or separation - Sow seeds in spring. Carefully divide the fleshy roots in early fall when the plants are dormant. When purchasing plants, be sure that they are not harvested from the wild, as native populations of bloodroot are threatened.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 50°F (10°C).
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Keep the soil moist but not soggy.
With time and proper growing conditions, the plants will form large colonies.
- After flowering, these will persists as groundcovers until the plants fade in late summer or fall.
- Plant late-growing plants to fill in the space left when the bloodroot fades.
No serious insect or disease problems.
- specifically skin cancer
- Emetic cathartic expectorant and emmenagogue, and of great value in atonic dyspepsia, asthma, bronchitis and croup.
- (The taste is so nauseating, that it may cause expectorant action.
- ) Of value in pulmonary consumption, nervous irritation and helpful in lowering high pulse, and in heart disease and weakness and palpitation of heart of great use.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.gardening.cornell.edu/homegardening/scene95f7.html http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bloodroot/how-to-grow-bloodroot.htm http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=m290
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.