Quercus alba - Plant
Common name: white oak
Bloom time: May
Height: 50.00 to 80.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Measure the distance between the soil in the tree s pot and the bottom of the pot. Next dig a hole slightly shallower than this distance. For the width of the hole, widen the newly dug hole to 3 times the dimension of the pot.
Baby trees require watering on a regular basis for at least the first year to ensure good root structures. Most trees will require a soaking about every four days. This timing may vary if you have very sandy soil where water flows through quickly or heavy clay soil which holds on to the water longer.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 45° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- After the initial year of caring for your tree, you might need to re-mulch the area around your trees.
- Mulch can break down and loose its ability to retain moisture.
The frequency of watering can also be reduced.
- You will probably need to water your tree about once every two weeks.
- Again, ensure that it is a slow deep watering to aid in tree root development.
Large shade tree, street tree or lawn tree. Needs a large space in which to grow.
- Unverified information The bark of the tree and the sepals of the flowers are well-known Indian remedies, and are valued on account of their astringent and mucilaginous properties, being administered internally in coughs and colds and applied externally as an embrocation.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://oaksofthewildwest.com/PlantingYourTree.htm http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=l930 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=white+oak&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.