Quack grass - Plant
Common name: Elymus repens
Bloom time: a long time
Height: 1 to 4 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Crabgrass (Digitaria sanguinalis) is an annual grassy weed with broad blades that have a rough texture and are a lighter green than turf grasses.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 2°C and. 30°C,
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
Juice from the shoots is used to make a spring tonic. Seeds can be used as a cereal -- very fibrous. From Plants for a Future database -- which also says couch grass is used to stabilize dunes, can be made into an infusion which is a good liquid plant feed, and that a grey dye is obtained from the roots.
- Native Americans used the tea as a diuretic for kidney gravel, nephritis and urinary incontinence, acne, cystitis, gout, enlarged prostate, jaundice, rheumatism.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.