Polygala senega - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Seneca Snakeroot
Bloom time: june,july
Height: 6 to 18 inches
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Growing plants can be inexpensive, particularly when growing them from seed. Seeds of plants flowers should usually be sown directly into the sunny flower bed, as developing roots do not like to be disturbed.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 40° C. (104° F.).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Deadhead to prolong flowering.
- Maintain moderate soil moisture and fertilize lightly.
- plant will die with the first frost.
Polygala senega is a species of flowering plant in the milkwort family, Polygalaceae. ... Its common names include Seneca snakeroot, senega snakeroot, senegaroot, rattlesnake root, and mountain flax. Its species name honors the Seneca people, a Native American group who used the plant to treat snakebite.
- The root product is called Senegae Radix, Radix Senegae, or simply senega.
-  Active compounds include saponins such as senegin, as well as phenolic acids, sorbitol derivatives, methyl salicylate (oil of wintergreen), and sterols.
-  The expectorant property comes from the irritation of mucous membranes by the saponins, which causes an increase in respiratory secretions and a decrease in their viscosity, giving a productive cough.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use,
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.