Pimenta-longa - Plant
Common name: Piper longum
Color: dark green
Bloom time: early winters
Height: 3.00 m.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant turmeric in a light and loamy soil that is rich in organic matters. Use well-drained soil otherwise the plant will suffer.
Watering requirements are similar to ginger. Keep the soil moist throughout the growing season from spring to fall and do not hesitate to mist the foliage in dry weather to increase the humidity level around the plant.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 68-95 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Since you are growing turmeric in a pot, move the plant inside even in low-light conditions.
- Because you have to only overwinter the roots.
- It is important that when you grow turmeric indoors maintain a constant ambient temperature of approximately 64 F (18 C).
It is used as an anti-depressant and plays a protective role against Alzheimer’s disease and against different types of cancers. Turmeric powder is the most prominent ingredient in almost all kind of curry recipes, a pinch of it is used to provide pretty orange color.
- Unverified information Pippali is certainly one of the most widely used of all Ayurvedic herbs.
- It is one of the best herbs for enhancing digestion, assimilation and metabolism of the foods we eat.
- It is also highly prized for its ability to enhance assimilation and potency of herbs in a synergistic formula (this is called the Yogavahi effect).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://balconygardenweb.com/growing-turmeric-in-pots-how-to-grow-turmeric-care-uses-benefits/ https://www.zizira.com/growing-piper-longum-or-long-pepper-is-like-an-insurance-cover/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=+Piper+longum&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.