Milk Thistle - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Silybum marianum
Color: purple-brown colour
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 3.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When starting off outdoors the seeds of Silybum species such as milk thistle should be sown at a depth of 3 mm either in early summer (Silybum biennials) or just after the last frost of spring (annual Silybum).
Milk thistles can grow in either sunny or lightly shaded areas of the garden and the soil type is not to important. If starting Milk thistle off indoors then do so about two months before they are due to be transplanted outdoors (transplant biennials in late summer.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- It is easy to look after Milk thistle and other members of the Silybum plant genus; They can tolerate dry ands wet soils, so just let them be.
- However they may become weedy, so it is best to deadhead the flowers before they set seed, and to remove any unwanted thistle plants.
The name "milk thistle" comes from the more obvious features of the plant, both the milk-like splotches of white covering the leaves of the plant, as well as its .
- Plant is useful in liver diseases.
- Leaves and roots are used in indegestion as febrifuge; stem is used as sedative, tonic; root extract is used in ointments for ulcers and wounds.
- Gum produced by evaporating latex is used for ascites and hydrothorax.
- Milk thistle has very attractive white-veined dark green leaves and purple flowers, but its biennial growth pattern and inclination to spread aggressively make it difficult for placement in gardens.
- plant presenting decorative leaves with .
- The plant is sometimes also used as a decorative element in gardens, and its dried flower heads may be used for the decoration of dry bouquets.
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.