Lemon Grass - Plant
Common name: Cymbopogon citratus
Bloom time: Rarely flowers
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
lthough this plant is native to hot and humid areas in Southeast Asia, with proper care, lemongrass can be grown in almost any sunny garden.
Sunlight: full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: above 40°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- You can harvest your lemongrass anytime during the growing season.
- Choose stalks that are at least half an inch thick and cut them at ground level with a sharp, clean knife.
The stalk is used for cooking, and the leaves are used for teas. Lemongrass tea can be calming and soothe stomachs. A popular tea blend is “Sleepy Time Tea,” which is a mixture of lemongrass, lavender and German chamomile flowers.
- Lemon Grass is a fragrant herb which is increasingly being used in teas, beverages, herbal medicines, and Eastern inspired soups and other dishes.
- This grass grows in dense clumps that can grow to 6 ft in height and about 4 ft in width, although it commonly seen much smaller.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
The lemon scent of lemongrass will usually keep garden pests away, but cats love lemongrass and will chew on it if allowed to. Leaf blight may also affect your lemongrass.
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Lemon%20Grass.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a504 http://homeguides.sfgate.com/care-lemon-grass-21745.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.