Indigofera species - Plant
Common name: Indigofera kirilowii
Bloom time: June to July
Height: 2.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Prepare a garden bed by mixing sandy, loamy soil mix into the topsoil of the garden. Indigo plants thrives in slightly alkaline soil but can also tolerate neutral or slightly acidic soils. Soil must be well-drained.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 70 to 80 F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant indigo plants 4 to 5 feet apart in the early evening and water the soil until thoroughly moist.
- Water once each day for the first two weeks until the plants become established.
Do not fertilize indigo plants.
- As a legume, indigo plants can absorb nitrogen from the air and grow well in nutrient-deficient soil.
Mixed borders or foundation plantings. Also effective as part of a naturalized planting.
- Unverified information In Brazil, West Indian Indigo is one of the reputed remedies for snake bites, and in the United States it is often applied to the stings of bees and other insects.
- In Mexico, the leaves as a cataplasm or in decoction are applied to the forehead of children with fever and to any painful area.
- The seeds in powder form are a cure for ulcers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-indigofera-tinctoria-74599.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=d530 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Indigofera+species&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.