Hydrastis canadensis - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: golden seal
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Goldenseal can be propagated from rhizome pieces, root cuttings, or seed. To propagate from seed, the fruit must be harvested as soon as it is mature, then processed by carefully mashing the fruit to separate out the seeds. This process can take several days, as the seeds and pulp need to ferment in water until they can easily be separated.
Sunlight: Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 95° to 100°F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Store in a cool, dry, dark area free from insects and rodents.
- Yields per acre can vary drastically depending on production method and location, but generally range from 800 to 3,000 pounds of dried root per acre.
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in part shade. Prefers well-composted soils with lots of leaf mold.
- Modern medicinal uses for goldenseal include the treatment of nasal congestion, digestive disorders, inflammation, and AIDS.
- Goldenseal is often referred to as a synergistic herb, meaning when taken with other herbs, it increases their efficacy.
- Goldenseal and echinacea make up a common combination formula.
No serious insect or disease problems.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.