Guma - Plant
Common name: Leucas capitata
Bloom time: July-October.
Height: 5ft 10in (1.78 m)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Head Leucas is an annual herb with stems erect, unbranched or with few branches, 10-50 cm, leafy, hairy with spreading and adpressed retrorse hairs. Leaves are narrow oblong-elliptic, cuneate,
nearly entire to slightly toothed, up to 8 x 2 cm, with long and short eglandular hairs denser below. Leaf-stalk on lower leaves is nearly-absent to about 5 mm. Flowers are borne in 1-2 distant spherical dense whorls on branches
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sepal cup is 1.
- 5 cm, tubular, slightly curved, clearly nerved, with a slightly oblique mouth, distinctly hairy at throat, with eglandular and sometimes also with very short glandular hairs; teeth 10, subequal, shortly triangular, mucronulate, about 1 mm.
- Flowers are white, about 1.
- 5 cm, upper lip bearded; lower lip clearly longer than upper.
- Nutlets are narrow oblong, bluntly trigonous, about 3 x 2 mm.
- Ayurvedic herb
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.