Ginger - Plant
Common name: Asarum canadense
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
To start with, soak the ginger root overnight in warm water to get it ready for planting. 2. Fill your pot with very rich but well draining potting soil.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 15.5°C (59.9°F).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- you will need to select a place to grow your ginger plant.
- Ginger root grows in part to full shade and likes rich, loose soil.
- If you ll be planting ginger in the ground, it s a good idea to add lots of compost or rotted manure to the chosen spot.
- Jan 2
Usually grown as a ground cover in shady areas. Woodland gardens, native plant gardens or naturalized areas. Also may be used for edging.
- Medicinal uses: Unverified information Scentless Turmeric is used by the tribals as a hair tonic and for cure of wounds.
- They usually use ginger for savory foods rather than sweet ones.
- Due to the rise in popularity of Asian and Indian recipes in other parts of the world, the concept of using ginger for savory meals has been spreading in recent years.
- Alpinia vittata is a fast grower and can be used as indoor plant as long as a humid atmosphere is maintained.
- Remove spent leaves as they form and cut old canes to their base.
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.