Galium odoratum - Plant
Common name: sweet woodruff
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Image result for sweet woodruff how to grow and care To direct sow sweet woodruff, in early spring simply spread the seeds over the area that you wish to grow them and lightly cover the area with sifted soil or peat moss. Then water the area. To start sweet woodruff indoors, spread the seeds evenly in the growing container and lightly cover the top with peat moss.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 70 degree F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- To start sweet woodruff indoors, spread the seeds evenly in the growing container and lightly cover the top with peat moss.
- Water the container and then place it into your refrigerator for two weeks.
- After you have chilled the sweet woodruff seeds, place them in a cool, lighted area (50 F.
- (10 C.
Useful in herb gardens, rock gardens, naturalized areas, shady borders or as a ground cover or edging plant.
- The agreeable odour of Sweet Woodruff is due to a crystalline chemical principle called Coumarin, which is used in perfumery, not only on account of its own fragrance, but for its property of fixing other odours.
- It is the odorous principle also present in melilot, tonka beans, and various other plants belonging to the orders Leguminosae, Graminae and Orchidaceae.
No serious insect or disease problems.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/ http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.