Fraxinus americana - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: white ash, American ash, Canadian ash, American white ash
Color: light green to purplish
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 60.00 to 80.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fraxinus americana is a fine timber tree up to about 30 m in height, with a long, straight trunk and a rounded crown at maturity. The bark is dark grey with a uniform diamond-shaped ridge and furrow pattern.
The leaves are deciduous, dropping in the autumn. They occur in opposite pairs, each leaf divided into seven or nine (rarely five) leaflets. The leaflets are dark green above and usually appear white beneath due to a waxy coating.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 34° C
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- The emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis), a beetle native to Asia, is a serious threat to Fraxinus species in North America.
- It is thought to have been introduced to North America in wooden packing material and in 2002 was identified as the cause of the decline and mortality of ash trees that had been noted in the Detroit (Michigan) metropolitan area.
It has since caused extensive damage to ash trees in the USA and Canada, killing an estimated 30 million trees.
- It has now been discovered in the region of Moscow and there is concern it could spread to the rest of Europe, leading to further economic and ecological damage.
- Much work is hence being carried out to prevent the spread of this beetle to protect ash trees.
Planting new ash trees is no longer recommended given the susceptibility of this tree to the emerald ash borer.
- The bark is astringent, emmenagogue and a bitter tonic.
- An infusion is used to promote menstruation.
- It has also been used as a wash to treat skin sores, itches and vermin on the scalp
- White ash is planted as an ornamental tree in parks and large gardens.
- Cultivars such as Fraxinus americana ‘Autumn Purple’ provide a variety of autumn leaf colours.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.