Epigaea repens - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: mayflower
Bloom time: May to July
Height: 0.00 to 0.25 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Germination time: at least a month. Spacing 8 to 12 inches (20 to 30 cm). Seed grown plants will take around three years before they bloom. Transplant seedlings grown from cuttings, or nursery/ gardening centres either at the start of spring or early in autumn.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: about 65F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Full or partial shade.
- Sandy and gritty, moist, acidic soils.
- Soil pH 4.
- 0 to 5.
- Oak leaf or pine needle mulch (permanently).
- Keep the soil that seedlings grow in moist at all times.
- Propagate: for best results softwood cuttings should be taken towards the end of summer.
An evergreen ground cover that displays interesting foliage, flowers and fruit. Plant in woodland/shade gardens, under trees and in part shade areas of border fronts and rock gardens. Also effective around small ponds. Many gardeners believe this ground cover is not appropriately aggressive for large areas and is best grown in smaller sites.
- Mayflower is rarely used medicinally, even in folk medicine, though it is a strong urinary antiseptic and is one of the most effective remedies for cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, bladder stones and particularly acute catarrhal cystitis.
- The leaves are astringent, diuretic and tonic.
- An infusion is made from the dried leaves, or a tincture from the fresh leaves.
- A tea made from the leaves is used in the treatment of kidney disorders, stomach aches, bladder disorders etc.
- It is of special value when the urine contains blood or pus.
- Use with caution, the plant contains arbutin and, although this is an effective urinary disinfectant, it hydrolyzes to hydroquinone which is toxic.
- The leaves can be used fresh or can be harvested in the summer and dried for later use.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use,
http://www.gardenershq.com/Epigaea-Mayflower.php http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b345 http://www.naturalmedicinalherbs.net/herbs/e/epigaea-repens=mayflower.php
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.