Dandelion - Plant
Common name: lettuce
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fill a 6-inch-deep or deeper pot, which has bottom drainage holes, with moist potting soil. Place dandelion seeds 1 1/2 inches apart on the pot s soil.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Spray the soil with water, dampening the seeds.
- Grow dandelion plants in a bright indoor area, such as a sunny porch or a room with natural light.
Lettuce types include romaine, butter head, iceberg, and loose leaf. All are at their best if grown quickly.
- Fresh or dried dandelion herb is also used as a mild appetite stimulant, and to improve upset stomach.
- The root of the dandelion plant may act as a mild laxative and has been used to improve digestion.
- Preliminary research suggests that dandelion may help improve liver and gallbladder function.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.