Damiana - Plant
Common name: Turnera diffusa
Bloom time: early to late summer.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Again, wait until you are sure that there is going to be no more frost before you put the plant outside. Pick a nice sunny spot in your yard.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 374 ° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Choose a sunny location (if outdoor planting is desired) with well-drained soil where the damiana will receive sun for at least eight to 10 hours a day.
- For best results, the damiana needs a sandy type of soil that stay relatively dry.
- It is very drought-tolerant.
Damiana is a wild shrub that grows in Mexico, Central America, and the West Indies. The leaf and stem are used to make medicine. Historically, it was used mostly to increase sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac).
- Damiana is used to treat headache, bedwetting, depression, nervous stomach, and constipation; for prevention and treatment of sexual problems; boosting and maintaining mental and physical stamina; and as an aphrodisiac.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use,
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-703-damiana.aspx?activeingredientid=703&activeingredientname=damiana http://www.gardenguides.com/126106-grow-damiana.html https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Damiana&rlz=1C1GTPM_enIN594IN594&oq=Damiana&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Damiana+bloom+time
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.