Cornus florida - Plant
Common name: flowering dogwood
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 15.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
In their natural habitat, dogwoods are understory trees, which are generally surrounded or protected by other larger trees. Therefore, when caring for dogwood trees, this should be considered carefully before placement in the landscape.
Locating these trees on the edge of wooded areas or in groups is oftentimes more suitable to their natural surroundings. They can also be used as a backdrop for azaleas or other spring-flowering shrubs.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Most dogwoods require supplemental water during summer and fall, especially during hot, dry spells.
- For care of flowering dogwood trees, regular watering once a week to a depth of 6 inches should suffice.
- However, adding a generous layer of mulch will help retain moisture, minimizing watering chores.
- Dogwood bark is best used as an ointment for ague, malaria (substitute for quinine), fever, pneumonia, colds, and similar complaints.
- Used for diarrhea.
- Externally, poulticed onto external ulcers and sores.
- Twigs used as chewing sticks, forerunners of the toothpick.
- It was sometimes used as a substitute when Peruvian bark could not be obtained.
- Cilantro is an attractive herb with lacy foliage and tiny flowers held in .
- Egypt, Greece and Rome for culinary uses, and is one of the oldest spices
- Popular as a specimen or small grouping on residential property around homes, near patios or in lawns.
- Also effective in woodland, bird or native plant gardens.
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.