Bergamont - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Monarda fistulosa
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Even If the plant had nothing but its beauty to recommend it, wild bergamot would still be worth growing. The narrow tubular flowers, which bloom from July through September, range from maroon to magenta to lilac In color and resemble a somewhat disheveled chrysanthemum atop a two-foot high, erect stalk.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium Dry to medium
Temprature: 35d centigrade
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer
- White to lavender balls of flowers in spring.
- Sun to part shade, well drained soil.
- All parts of the plant make a delicious tea.
- Unlike M.
- didyma, M.
- fistulosa will bloom consistently in the coastal south.
Provides color and contrast for the herb garden, wild garden, native plant garden, meadow or naturalized area.
- Bergamot does have medicinal uses.
- It induces perspiration, lowers fevers, and through its carminative action, aids digestion.
- It has been used for colds, fevers, headaches, gastric disorders such as flatulence, nausea and vomiting.
- Externally, the fresh leaves are applied to pimples and other skin eruptions.
- Bergamot, also known as horsemint, American melissa or bee-balm, is a highly aromatic, perennial herb that is native to eastern North America and is considered a true wild flower.
- Bergamot, botanical name Monarda didyma has flamboyant looking scarlet flowers, and the colors of its cultivars range from white through pink and purple.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.