Angelica archangelica - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: garden angelica
Color: yellowish or greenish
Bloom time: June to August
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You should plant Angelica annually to ensure a continued supply of the herb. Angelica plant is considered a short-lived perennial or biennial. It flowers after two years and then either dies or may hang on for another year or two.
Growing Angelica indoors is optimum in cooler climates. Set the plants out before they get taller than 4 inches, as they grow a long taproot and transplant is difficult if they get larger. Angelica herb can also be started from division of the roots in spring.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The herb prefers cool climates and a semi-shady to sunny location.
- If planted in a zone with hot summers, a dappled shade location will provide protection for the heat sensitive plant.
- Angelica herb thrives in moist fertile soils rich in organic matter.
- For best results, plant Angelica in slightly acidic soil.
- The plant is not drought tolerant and should not be allowed to dry out.
Angelica herb is easy to care for as long as it is in well drained soil with proper light exposure.
- Keep weeds away from the plant and maintain moderately moist soil.
- Water the plant from the base to prevent fungal diseases.
- Cut the stalk at the end of the first year to promote flowering in the second.
This is a large biennial that needs lots of space, some shade, and moist to wet soils.
- Angelica is used for heartburn, intestinal gas (flatulence), loss of appetite (anorexia), arthritis, circulation problems
- In the garden Angelica gives height to borders
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=e399 http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/angelica/growing-angelica-herb.htm https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Angelica+archangelica+-+Plant&rlz=1C1AVSF_enIN711IN711&oq=Angelica+archangelica+-+Plant&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=angelica+archangelica+ornamental+use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.