Ancistrocladus korupensis - Plant
Common name: Madagascar periwinkle,Periwinkle, Madagascar periwinkle, Rosy periwinkle, Vinca
Color: Rosy pink
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 0.50 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Purchase a plant from the local nursery or garden centre.Use a soil-based compost in the pot.Place the Madagascar periwinkle in bright light or direct sunlight.Water regularly.Feed every 14 days from early spring to autumn (fall).
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 75 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant from the local nursery or garden centre.
- Use a soil-based compost in the pot.
- Place the Madagascar periwinkle in bright light or direct sunlight.
- Water regularly.
- Feed every 14 days from early spring to autumn (fall).
- Consider whether to overwinter it or to treat it as an annual.
Annual ground cover, bedding, edging or containers. Some varieties make excellent houseplants.
- In Ayurveda the extracts of its roots and shoots, though poisonous, is used against several diseases.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, extracts from it have been used against numerous diseases, including diabetes, malaria, and Hodgkin s lymphoma.
- Many of the vinca alkaloids were first isolated from Catharanthus roseus.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.