All Spice - Plant
Common name: Long Pepper, Indian long pepper
Bloom time: April to July
Height: 6.00 to 10.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Place the potted allspice seeds on a greenhouse heating mat near a source of very bright natural light. Set the temperature on the heating mat to between 70 and 80 Farenheit. Cover the pots with a propagation dome to increase humidity around the seeds.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 18 and 28 º C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The care of Carolina allspice is easy.
- Water Carolina allspice shrubs often enough to keep the soil moist.
- A layer of mulch over the root zone will help the soil hold moisture and reduce watering.
Specimen near front door, patio or other living areas where the fragrant flower aroma may be enjoyed. Shrub borders. Foundations. Native plant areas.
- Pippali is certainly one of the most widely used of all Ayurvedic herbs.
- It is one of the best herbs for enhancing digestion, assimilation and metabolism of the foods we eat.
- It is also highly prized for its ability to enhance assimilation and potency of herbs in a synergistic formula (this is called the Yogavahi effect).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
for medicinal use
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/ http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.