Wisteria - Plant
Common name: Kraunhia frutescens, Kraunhia macrostachya, Wisteria frutescens var. macrostachya, Wisteria macrostachya
Color: light purple color
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 15.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Grow in fertile, moist but well-drained soil.
Ensure placement has full Sun.
If your soil is in poor condition, add compost; otherwise, wisteria will grow in most soils.
Plant in the spring or fall.
Dig a hole as deep as the root ball and 2 to 3 times as wide.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soils
Temprature: 75–82 °F (24-28 °C)
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Best grown in slightly acidic, humusy, moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soils in full sun.
- Full sun is needed for best flowering.
- Although vines may produce flowers by the second or third year after planting, first flowering may take longer.
- Vines need regular pruning(s) in order to control size and shape of the plant and to encourage flowering.
Consult a pruning guide for specifics on the initial training of vines and the types of pruning that can or should be done for these plants.
- An application of fertilizer in early spring can also help stimulate flowering.
- Choose growing sites wisely because plants dislike being transplanted.
This is an excellent vine for freestanding arbors, pergolas, posts, trellises, fences or terrace walls.
- heart ailments,Chinese medicine
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.