Lilium Lancifolium, Tiger lily ( Red ) - Plant
( 16 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Bloom time: Summer.
Height: 0.7-1.5 m.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Plant bulbs in groups of at least three, 8 to 10 inches apart and 4 to 6 inches deep for the bigger bulbs. Plant bulbils and very small bulbs no more than 2 inches deep. Because tiger lilies often vector lily mosaic virus, it s best to keep them isolated from other lilies. Early to mid-autumn is the best time to plant out the bulbs in cool temperate areas, in warmer areas they can be planted out as late as late autumn.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade. but allows the flowers to bloom in full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil.To ensure proper drainage, you may need to amend the soil prior to planting. Amending the soil around tiger lily flowers is as simple as adding compost or humus. Peat moss, sand or straw mixed into the beds are other ways to improve drainage and retain appropriate moisture. Proper soil preparation results in healthier tiger lily plants that produce more and bigger blooms.
Water: Plenty of water but no standing water.
Temprature: Warm temperature.
Fertilizer: Fertizer is not needed except for the poorest of soils.
- Grown with success, some tall lilies will need support.
- If you use stakes, be sure not to pierce the bulb when you plunge the supports into the ground.
- Besides being used in soups, tiger lily possesses medicinal properties.
- It is an ancient traditional medicine for common ailments such as coughs, sore throat, skin conditions like boils and other ailments.
- The bulbs of its plants are boiled and eaten in some countries, especially China.
- They taste like potatoes.
- Tiger Lily perennial deciduous used as ornamental fragrant plant, can grow in temperate climate.
http://www.growplants.org/growing/tiger-lily http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/lily/tiger-lily-care.htm http://www.americanmeadows.com/planting-wild-lilies
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.