Cleome - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Spider Flower, Rocky Mountain Beeplant, Stinking Clover
Color: Pink, purple, white, lavender.
Bloom time: Early summer until first frost.
Height: 3 to 6 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Plant in full sun, thinning or spacing individual plants to 1 foot apart. Plant where you won’t have to brush against the stems often since many varieties have thorns.
Sunlight: Full sun,part sun.
Soil: Cleome flowers thrive in average garden soil.
Water: You will only need to water cleome if you are undergoing a drought.
Temprature: Warm and the night time temperature is well above freezing before moving outside.
Fertilizer: Spider flowers are light feeders, and giving them too much nitrogen results in leggy plants. Cleome don’t usually require extra feeding so if you have fertile soil, no additional fertilizing will be needed.
- Plants not thinned properly and grown too close together will be shorter with smaller flowers and may be yellow due to lack of nitrogen from the competition.
- Keep seedlings well watered.
- Once established cleome is drought tolerant.
- Cleome have a strong propensity to self sow.
- It’s not unusual to see hundreds of baby cleomes growing in your garden the following spring.
- If you want to limit the amount of seed being sown, deadhead spent flowers before the seed-pods brown and mature.
- Cleome flowers are excellent candidates for the back of the flower border, where their lanky stems can hide behind other plants, but their festive flower clusters can sway in the breeze above other flowering annuals.
- Cleomes are also a good choice for growing in containers.
- choose a large container.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/cleome/growing-cleomes.htm http://flowers.about.com/od/Annual-Flowers/p/Growing-The-Cleome-Flower-Spider-Flowers-Add-Height-To-The-Annual-Garden.htm http://gardeningwithcharlie.com/4897.html
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.