Wormia burbidgii - Plant
Common name: Simpoh Ayer
Bloom time: may
Height: 0.5 to 3ft
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
Sunlight: full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: dry to medium
Temprature: 70 deg
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- To help conserve water, reduce stress, and encourage healthy growth, apply a 2- to 4-inch layer of chopped and shredded leaves, grass clippings, or shredded bark around the base of your plants.
- Allow about an inch of space between the mulch and the base stem of the plant.
The species was formally described in 1817 and given the name Wormia alata based on plant material collected by Joseph Banks at Point Lookout, Endeavour River, during Lieutenant James Cook s first voyage of discovery in 1770.
- Turmeric is beneficial for its influence on the liver.
- In spring more consumption of herbs and foods can strengthen the liver.
- Turmeric shares similar liver protectant compounds that milk thistle and artichoke leaves contain.
- It is said to shrink engorged hepatic ducts, so it can be useful to treat liver conditions such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and jaundice.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.