Solandra nitida - Plant
Common name: honeysuckle
Color: Creamy white
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 5.00 to 8.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant in spring or fall. Space plants 5 to 15 feet apart, depending on the expected mature size of the plant. Dig a hole only as deep as the root ball and 2 to 3 times as wide. If your soil is in very poor condition, amend the soil you ve removed from the hole with a small amount of compost. Otherwise don t amend it at all.
Carefully remove the plant from the container and set it in the hole. Fill the hole half full with soil, then water it well to settle the soil and eliminate air pockets. Let the water drain, then fill the remainder of hole with soil and water thoroughly.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 120 degrees f
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Apply a layer of compost around the base of the plant each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch to retain moisture and control weeds.
- Water plants during the summer if rainfall is less than 1 inch per week.
- Prune shrubs and vines after flowering.
- Aggressive varieties can be pruned back to the ground in late winter to control growth.
Borders. Hedge. Woodland gardens. Slopes or banks.
- Asthma weed has traditionally been used in Asia to treat bronchitic asthma and laryngeal spasm, though in modern herbalism it is more used in the treatment of intestinal amoebic dysentery.
- It should not be used without expert guidance, however, since large doses cause gastro-intestinal irritation, nausea and vomiting.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.