Pereskia godseffiana - Plant
Common name: Barbados gooseberry, blade-apple cactus, leaf cactus, rose cactus, and lemonvine
Color: Red, purple, pink, white
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
Sunlight: Part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 10Â° C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Do not prune plants in the fall.
- Simply cut off any dead or diseased canes.
- Stop fertilizing 6 weeks before the first frost but continue watering during dry autumn weather to help keep plants fortified during the dry winter.
- Mound, mulch, or add compost after a few frosts but before the ground freezes.
In its native area, Schlumbergera truncata is grown outdoors as an epiphyte or in rock gardens. In cooler climates, this plant can be grown in baskets or pots for brightly-lit window sills. It is sold primarily around the holiday season as a gift or decorative item.
- Pereskia bleo is a medicinal plant of the family Cactaceae.
- Cacti are well-known desert plants and widely recognized by their specialized growth form of the stems and leaves.
- They are generally representative of the â€œancestral cactus.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.