Jatropha pandurifolia - Plant
Common name: Physic Nut, Jatropha, Barbados nut
Color: Coral red
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 6.00 to 10.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed out. Theyâ€™ll look like a bundle of sticks on arrival. Note, they are not deadâ€”simply dormant.If you are buying container-grown plants (vs. bare-root plants), plant them by May or early June for best results.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 20 to 27 degree C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants love waterâ€”but donâ€™t drown them.
- That is, they donâ€™t like to sit in water, and theyâ€™ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
- One of the worst mistakes you can make is to not provide adequate drainage.
- Use mulch.
Where winter hardy this evergreen flowering shrub is an ornamental for borders, landscape accent/specimen, foundations or patio containers. In cooler climates, container plants may be brought indoors for winter or plants may be grown as houseplants.
- It is also used as a house plant.
- The oil from Jatropha curcas is mainly converted into biodiesel for use in diesel engines.
- The cake can be used for fish or animal feed (if detoxified), biomass feedstock to power electricity plants, or as biogas or high-quality organic fertilizer.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.