Hedychium flavescens - Plant
Common name: white garland-lily
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Hedychium plants can be sown outside at the beginning of spring before the last frost has happened. Simply cover the seed with a light dusting of topsoil. Ginger Lily and other Hedychium members like to grow in an area of the garden that is sunny and has very good drainage. They prefer to grow in a moist Humus rich soil.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade.
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Ginger Lilies require regular watering.
- Once the flowering season is over cut back the flowering stems to the ground.
- If growing as a perennial then the rhizomes should be brought inside in cold areas.
- More Hedychium plants can be had by division of the rhizomes (make sure that each section contains an eye) at the end of winter.
Borders. Container plants.
- Hedychium coronarium is a widely cultivated garden ornamental and as a source of cut flowers.
- It is the national plant of Cuba.
- Its rhizomes are edible and also have medicinal properties.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.