Codiaeum variegatum apple - Plant
Common name: croton
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When considering croton growing, check the variety you have purchased to determine the light needs of your specific variety. Some varieties of croton need high light while others need medium or low light. In general, the more variegated and colorful the croton plant, the more light it will need.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The short answer is that you did not fail; this is normal croton behavior.
- Croton plants do not like to be moved, and when they are moved, they can quickly go into shock which results in leaf loss.
- Therefore, it is best to avoid moving the plant as much as possible.
In situations where moving the plant is unavoidable (such as when you buy one), donâ€™t panic at the leaf loss.
- Simply maintain proper care and the plant will regrow its leaves within a short period of time, after which, it will prove to be a resilient houseplant.
Houseplant for bright, sunny areas.
- Unverified information Roots, seeds, leaves and seed oil are used to treat jaundice, constipation, piles, anemia, conjuctivitis.
- The roots are purgative, anthelmintic, carminative, rubefacient and anodyne.
Used in abdominal pain, constipation, calculus, general anasarca, piles, helminthic infestation, scabies and skin disorders.
- Root paste is applied to painful swellings and piles.
- The leaves relieve asthma and seeds are used to cure snakebites.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.