Cestrum nocturnum - Plant
Common name: snow-in-summer, Cestrum nocturnum
Bloom time: June
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work. Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance. Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal. Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 54 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Epsom salts along with your fertilizer; the magnesium sulfate will encourage new growth from the bottom of the bush Prune plants every spring and destroy all old or diseased plant material.
- Wear elbow-length gloves that are thick enough to protect your hands from thorns or a clumsy slip, but flexible enough to allow you to hold your tools.
Ground cover for sunny areas. Rock gardens, border fronts, cottage gardens, edgings, bulb cover or dry stone wall planting pockets.
- TRADITIONAL USES: In Central and South America, local species of Cestrum have been used as teacher plants and medicine for quite some time.
- The plant is also used as a stupefying charm medicine in the West Indies (Voogelbreinder 2009).
- In Kathmandu, C.
- nocturnum flowers are presented as offerings to Shiva and Ganesh.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.