Bougainvillea torch glow variegated - Plant
Common name: bougainvillea
Color: Purple, red, pink and yellow
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 15.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Bougainvillea can be grown in plastic or terra cotta pots, hanging baskets lined with sphagnum moss, planter boxes and concrete planters, even old laundry baskets will serve the purpose. The container having adequate number of holes at its bottom to provide drainage is the best. Use broken pieces of clay pots or Styrofoam packing material to line the bottom of the container for drainage.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 32 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Water sparingly as bougainvillea plants produce too much leaf growth in place of flowers with excessive water.
- Over-watering can cause rot and weakening of the plant.
Plants can be grown in containers and used around pools, giving a distinctive southern feel to an area. They can also be espaliered or trained on a standard or grown in a large basket. They are large billowing plants that have a nice texture as well as colorful flower bracts. In a greenhouse or sunroom, they will require ample room to spread.
- Unverified information Popular in Ayurveda, this herb is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- The roots of Boerhavia diffusa, commonly known as Punarnava , are used by a large number of tribes in India for the treatment of various hepatic disorders and for internal inflammation.
- Anodectal data has also reported effectiveness of Boerhavia diffusa incases of oedema and ascites resulting from early cirrhosis of the liver and chronic peritonitis.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b544 http://www.mykitchengarden.info/2014/02/how-to-grow-and-care-bougainvillea.html http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Bougainvillea&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.