Bougainvillea spectabilis theema - Plant
Common name: Great Bougainvillea
Color: Purple, red, pink and yellow
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 15.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
At that time I did not care about the quality of soil and also gave only nitrogen fertilizer so the plant grew in uncontrollable proportion with very less flowers. I was fed-up with the wild growth of the bougainvillea plant, I wanted it to be very small, though not as small as a bonsai.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 40 degree F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- As bougainvillea generally blooms on new growth, you should cut back the branches that have finished flowering.
- This will force plant to produce new growth and bougainvillea to bloom.
- Because the new flowers develop at the new growth, the more they are pruned the more new growth will be encouraged.
Plants can be grown in containers and used around pools, giving a distinctive southern feel to an area. They can also be espaliered or trained on a standard or grown in a large basket. They are large billowing plants that have a nice texture as well as colorful flower bracts.
- Methanolic extracts of flower bracts of Bougainvillea spectabilis are very good pH indicators.
- Flowers of Bougainvillea are edible, it can be eaten fresh and have gently bitter taste, thats gives feeling of refreshment.
- Infusion from flowers is drunk as a remedy for low blood pressure.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.