Alternanthera dentata purple kinght - Plant
Common name: Ageratum houstonianum
Color: Medium blue
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 0.50 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves. There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates. Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 16-20 Â°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- To help conserve water, reduce stress, and encourage healthy growth, apply a 2- to 4-inch layer of chopped and shredded leaves, grass clippings, or shredded bark around the base of your plants.
- Allow about an inch of space between the mulch and the base stem of the plant.
Shorter varieties are excellent as bedding plants, edgers (along paths, walkways and border fronts) and container plants (hanging baskets, window boxes, urns or other containers).
- Ageratum houstonianum Mill is one of the most important medicinal plants of this region Ageratum houstonianum is a short lived(annual or biennial) herbaceous plant growing 0.
- 3-1m tall, with showy flower heads and have long history of traditional medicinal uses.
- The stems are round, mostly green in colour, and softly.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall. All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil. Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot. Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.