Acanthus montanus - Plant
Common name: mountain thistle
Bloom time: June to July
Height: 4.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Have a hose or bucket of water and all your planting tools nearby. Keep your bare-root rose in water until you are ready to place it in the ground.Plants can be cut back and moved in either spring or fall, but not in midsummer, as they might suffer and die in the heat.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Epsom salts along with your fertilizer; the magnesium sulfate will encourage new growth from the bottom of the bush Prune plants every spring and destroy all old or diseased plant material.
- Wear elbow-length gloves that are thick enough to protect your hands from thorns or a clumsy slip, but flexible enough to allow you to hold your tools.
Where winter hardy, this is a bold, stately plant that may be grown as a specimen but is perhaps best sited in small groupings. Naturalize on slopes. Plants are not winter hardy to the St.
- Acanthus montanus is a plant of acanthacease family.
- It is called leopardâ€™s tongue in English language.
- The other common names of acanthus montanus include whiteâ€™s ginger and bearâ€™s breech.
- The Yoruba people in Nigeria called the plant Ahon â€“ ekun or ikunmu â€“ arugbo.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.