Water Melon F1 Arya 114 - Seeds
( 319 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: Watermelon
Bloom time: Summer
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Growing watermelons requires lots of space, lots of sun, lots of water and lots of nutrients.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Water: Keep soil moist throughout the growing season
Temprature: Daytime temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees F and nighttime temperatures between 65 and 70 degrees F are ideal.
Fertilizer: Spray plants with liquid fertilizer and seaweed throughout the garden season.
Harvesting: Watermelons don’t sweeten after they are picked, so harvest time is important. They generally ripen over two weeks so keep you eye on them.
- Mulching with black plastic will serve multiple purposes: it will warm the soil, hinder weed growth and keep developing fruits clean.
- While melon plants are growing, blooming, and setting fruit, they need 1 to 2 inches of water per week.
- Water at the vine s base in the morning, and try to avoid wetting the leaves and avoid overhead watering.
- Reduce watering once fruit are growing.
- Dry weather produces the sweetest melon.
- Pruning isn t necessary, but vine productivity may be improved if you do not allow lateral (side) vines to grow and stick to the main vine.
- When the plant is young, just cut off the end buds as they form (before the side shoots become vines).
- As fruit is ripening, prevent rotting by gently lifting it and putting some cardboard or straw between the fruit and the soil.
Days to maturity range from 70 to 90, depending on the variety.
- They are great sliced, in fruit salads, and the rind is even used hollowed out as a serving basket or bowl.
- On a hot summer day, nothing tastes better than a nice slice of watermelon.
- Understanding the best growing conditions for watermelons will help you grow this wonderful fruit.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.