Golden Bamboo, Phyllostachys Aurea - Plant
Common name: yellow groove bamboo
Color: yellow to golden-green
Bloom time: Rarely flowers
Height: 12.00 to 18.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
It is the fastest growing plant used in the landscape to create a natural, tall privacy screen. Some people are captivated by bamboos decorative appeal; the dazzling array of colors, and graceful, evergreen foliage. Others recognize bamboo as the premiere renewable resource of the 21st century, as it is able to double or even triple its mass in one growing season, requiring little more than water, soil, and sunlight. T
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: temperatures as low as -4 °F (-18 °C)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The new shoots blast out of ground and say "Here I am, shouldn t have ignored me".
- There is a simple and reliable way to prevent this from ever happening.
- Root pruning.
- I often compare the effort between bamboo and lawn maintenance: If one did not mow their lawn for three years, it would be over 6 feet tall and overgrown with dandelions and other weeds, requiring a lot of hard work to restore.
- Likewise, if bamboo is ignored, it may run rampant, spreading rhizomes around the yard, also requiring great effort to remove.
Screen. Hedge. Buffer for noise reduction. Backgrounds. Specimen. Excellent winter hardiness.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problem. Fungal and bacterial leaf spots and rust may occur. Plants may spread into unwanted areas unless root barriers are used.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.